Nursery kid thrashed by principal, sustains fracture
Lucknow: Angry with a nursery student`s "illegible handwriting", a principal thrashed the child so hard that the four-year-old suffered a fractured arm, police said on Friday. The principal has been booked but is absconding.
Mahi Verma, who studies at Bright Public School in Gosainganj town, was on Thursday thrashed by school principal Deepak Kumar, police said. The girl is being treated at a hospital.
"While the principal was on an inspection of classes, he entered Mahi`s class, and randomly started checking students` notebooks," police inspector Sanjay Pandey told reporters Friday here.
"Deepak lost his temper while going through Mahi`s notebook. First, he scolded the girl for her poor handwriting and later started thrashing her when the girl failed to make out what she had written," he added.
The girl`s parents have alleged that their daughter was repeatedly hit with a duster on her right arm.
"Even as the girl was crying and writhing in pain, the school authorities did nothing for her treatment. An employee of the school left the girl outside her home and left," said Pandey.
"The case against the principal was registered late Thursday after a complaint by the girl`s parents," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!