Nursery kid thrashed by principal, sustains fracture
Lucknow: Angry with a nursery student`s "illegible handwriting", a principal thrashed the child so hard that the four-year-old suffered a fractured arm, police said on Friday. The principal has been booked but is absconding.
Mahi Verma, who studies at Bright Public School in Gosainganj town, was on Thursday thrashed by school principal Deepak Kumar, police said. The girl is being treated at a hospital.
"While the principal was on an inspection of classes, he entered Mahi`s class, and randomly started checking students` notebooks," police inspector Sanjay Pandey told reporters Friday here.
"Deepak lost his temper while going through Mahi`s notebook. First, he scolded the girl for her poor handwriting and later started thrashing her when the girl failed to make out what she had written," he added.
The girl`s parents have alleged that their daughter was repeatedly hit with a duster on her right arm.
"Even as the girl was crying and writhing in pain, the school authorities did nothing for her treatment. An employee of the school left the girl outside her home and left," said Pandey.
"The case against the principal was registered late Thursday after a complaint by the girl`s parents," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III