Nursery kid thrashed by principal, sustains fracture
Lucknow: Angry with a nursery student`s "illegible handwriting", a principal thrashed the child so hard that the four-year-old suffered a fractured arm, police said on Friday. The principal has been booked but is absconding.
Mahi Verma, who studies at Bright Public School in Gosainganj town, was on Thursday thrashed by school principal Deepak Kumar, police said. The girl is being treated at a hospital.
"While the principal was on an inspection of classes, he entered Mahi`s class, and randomly started checking students` notebooks," police inspector Sanjay Pandey told reporters Friday here.
"Deepak lost his temper while going through Mahi`s notebook. First, he scolded the girl for her poor handwriting and later started thrashing her when the girl failed to make out what she had written," he added.
The girl`s parents have alleged that their daughter was repeatedly hit with a duster on her right arm.
"Even as the girl was crying and writhing in pain, the school authorities did nothing for her treatment. An employee of the school left the girl outside her home and left," said Pandey.
"The case against the principal was registered late Thursday after a complaint by the girl`s parents," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears