Nursery kid thrashed by principal, sustains fracture
Lucknow: Angry with a nursery student`s "illegible handwriting", a principal thrashed the child so hard that the four-year-old suffered a fractured arm, police said on Friday. The principal has been booked but is absconding.
Mahi Verma, who studies at Bright Public School in Gosainganj town, was on Thursday thrashed by school principal Deepak Kumar, police said. The girl is being treated at a hospital.
"While the principal was on an inspection of classes, he entered Mahi`s class, and randomly started checking students` notebooks," police inspector Sanjay Pandey told reporters Friday here.
"Deepak lost his temper while going through Mahi`s notebook. First, he scolded the girl for her poor handwriting and later started thrashing her when the girl failed to make out what she had written," he added.
The girl`s parents have alleged that their daughter was repeatedly hit with a duster on her right arm.
"Even as the girl was crying and writhing in pain, the school authorities did nothing for her treatment. An employee of the school left the girl outside her home and left," said Pandey.
"The case against the principal was registered late Thursday after a complaint by the girl`s parents," he added.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured