Nursing home director booked for rape
Meeerut: Director of a private nursing home here has been booked for allegedly raping a member of the facility`s cleaning staff, police said on friday.
A case was lodged against Balwant Rana yesterday for raping the minor girl in the nursing home here under Bhawanpur police station area, SP (Rural) R P Pandey said.
Efforts are on to trace him, the SP said.
Angry over the incident, villagers held demonstration near police station demanding immediate arrest of the doctor, Pandey said, adding, they were pacified after police assured early action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter