Nursing home director booked for rape
Meeerut: Director of a private nursing home here has been booked for allegedly raping a member of the facility`s cleaning staff, police said on friday.
A case was lodged against Balwant Rana yesterday for raping the minor girl in the nursing home here under Bhawanpur police station area, SP (Rural) R P Pandey said.
Efforts are on to trace him, the SP said.
Angry over the incident, villagers held demonstration near police station demanding immediate arrest of the doctor, Pandey said, adding, they were pacified after police assured early action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?