Nursing home director booked for rape
Meeerut: Director of a private nursing home here has been booked for allegedly raping a member of the facility`s cleaning staff, police said on friday.
A case was lodged against Balwant Rana yesterday for raping the minor girl in the nursing home here under Bhawanpur police station area, SP (Rural) R P Pandey said.
Efforts are on to trace him, the SP said.
Angry over the incident, villagers held demonstration near police station demanding immediate arrest of the doctor, Pandey said, adding, they were pacified after police assured early action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened