Nursing home director booked for rape
Meeerut: Director of a private nursing home here has been booked for allegedly raping a member of the facility`s cleaning staff, police said on friday.
A case was lodged against Balwant Rana yesterday for raping the minor girl in the nursing home here under Bhawanpur police station area, SP (Rural) R P Pandey said.
Efforts are on to trace him, the SP said.
Angry over the incident, villagers held demonstration near police station demanding immediate arrest of the doctor, Pandey said, adding, they were pacified after police assured early action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town