‘OBCs will not be affected if Muslims given quota’
Farrukhabad: Minority Affairs Minister
Salman Khurshid on Friday assured OBC communities that they will
not be deprived of their rights even if backward Muslims are
accommodated in the 27 per cent quota fixed for them.
"There is no truth in the allegations that some sections
would be deprived of their rights by providing quota within
quota to Muslims," Khurshid, who also holds the portfolio of
Law & Justice, told a meeting at his parliamentary
"No one would be deprived of their rights for ensuring
Muslims their constitutional rights," he added.
Of the 27 per cent OBC quota in jobs, the government is
examining to fix a quota for backward Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends