‘OBCs will not be affected if Muslims given quota’
Farrukhabad: Minority Affairs Minister
Salman Khurshid on Friday assured OBC communities that they will
not be deprived of their rights even if backward Muslims are
accommodated in the 27 per cent quota fixed for them.
"There is no truth in the allegations that some sections
would be deprived of their rights by providing quota within
quota to Muslims," Khurshid, who also holds the portfolio of
Law & Justice, told a meeting at his parliamentary
"No one would be deprived of their rights for ensuring
Muslims their constitutional rights," he added.
Of the 27 per cent OBC quota in jobs, the government is
examining to fix a quota for backward Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees