‘OBCs will not be affected if Muslims given quota’
Farrukhabad: Minority Affairs Minister
Salman Khurshid on Friday assured OBC communities that they will
not be deprived of their rights even if backward Muslims are
accommodated in the 27 per cent quota fixed for them.
"There is no truth in the allegations that some sections
would be deprived of their rights by providing quota within
quota to Muslims," Khurshid, who also holds the portfolio of
Law & Justice, told a meeting at his parliamentary
"No one would be deprived of their rights for ensuring
Muslims their constitutional rights," he added.
Of the 27 per cent OBC quota in jobs, the government is
examining to fix a quota for backward Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security