‘OBCs will not be affected if Muslims given quota’
Farrukhabad: Minority Affairs Minister
Salman Khurshid on Friday assured OBC communities that they will
not be deprived of their rights even if backward Muslims are
accommodated in the 27 per cent quota fixed for them.
"There is no truth in the allegations that some sections
would be deprived of their rights by providing quota within
quota to Muslims," Khurshid, who also holds the portfolio of
Law & Justice, told a meeting at his parliamentary
"No one would be deprived of their rights for ensuring
Muslims their constitutional rights," he added.
Of the 27 per cent OBC quota in jobs, the government is
examining to fix a quota for backward Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?