Officer assaulted over prolonged power cuts
Ghaziabad: Angry over prolonged power cuts, locals of Galand area here assaulted an officer in the electricity department, police said Friday.
The incident took place late last night when the local residents reached the Masuri electricity department, under which the area falls, after there was no electricity from 4 pm onwards and held Satish Kumar captive for hours, they said.
They also attacked him with a blunt object, police said, adding that Satish, who sustained several head injuries, has been rushed to a nearby hospital and is recovering.
Around 30-35 people were involved and fled from the spot after the assault, they said.
"We are investigating the case. People involved would be arrested soon," said a senior police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy