Officers` transfers are to hide failures: BJP on UP govt
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday alleged that in a bid to hide its failures, the Akhilesh Yadav-led SP government was shuffling officers like a "pack of cards".
"While 41 senior IPS officers were shifted yesterday, the government transferred 61 PPS officers today, but the question is whether it will be improve the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh," BJP`s chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said while talking to reporters.
He said that around 10 days back large scale transfers were done in the bureaucracy and police administration.
"More than 200 IAS, IPS, PPS and PCS officers have been shifted by the government in the last couple of months, but the law and order situation remains the same," he alleged.
Pathak alleged that transfers were being done only to distract the attention of the people.
"This is nothing more than an effort on the part of the government to hide its failures. It is shuffling officers like a pack of cards," he alleged.
The spokesman said that frequent transfer was denting the morale of the bureucracy as well as police force.
"Even before an officer could settle in a district during field posting and understand the ground situation he is shunted to some other place. This is the situation with top bureaucracy as well," he alleged.
Pathak said that this was the situation when the Chief Minister himself had said about protecting honest officers.
"Instead of going for a superficial makeover by transferring the officers, the government must take some concrete steps to improve the situation in the state," he said.
The spokesman also took a dig at SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary`s statement that those who were jealous with the progress of UP, were spreading propoganda regarding criminal incidents in the state and were defaming it.
"Before making such a statement Chaudhary must realise that even the United Nations had condemned UP government in Badaun case," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees