Officers` transfers are to hide failures: BJP on UP govt
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday alleged that in a bid to hide its failures, the Akhilesh Yadav-led SP government was shuffling officers like a "pack of cards".
"While 41 senior IPS officers were shifted yesterday, the government transferred 61 PPS officers today, but the question is whether it will be improve the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh," BJP`s chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said while talking to reporters.
He said that around 10 days back large scale transfers were done in the bureaucracy and police administration.
"More than 200 IAS, IPS, PPS and PCS officers have been shifted by the government in the last couple of months, but the law and order situation remains the same," he alleged.
Pathak alleged that transfers were being done only to distract the attention of the people.
"This is nothing more than an effort on the part of the government to hide its failures. It is shuffling officers like a pack of cards," he alleged.
The spokesman said that frequent transfer was denting the morale of the bureucracy as well as police force.
"Even before an officer could settle in a district during field posting and understand the ground situation he is shunted to some other place. This is the situation with top bureaucracy as well," he alleged.
Pathak said that this was the situation when the Chief Minister himself had said about protecting honest officers.
"Instead of going for a superficial makeover by transferring the officers, the government must take some concrete steps to improve the situation in the state," he said.
The spokesman also took a dig at SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary`s statement that those who were jealous with the progress of UP, were spreading propoganda regarding criminal incidents in the state and were defaming it.
"Before making such a statement Chaudhary must realise that even the United Nations had condemned UP government in Badaun case," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why