Officers` transfers are to hide failures: BJP on UP govt
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday alleged that in a bid to hide its failures, the Akhilesh Yadav-led SP government was shuffling officers like a "pack of cards".
"While 41 senior IPS officers were shifted yesterday, the government transferred 61 PPS officers today, but the question is whether it will be improve the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh," BJP`s chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said while talking to reporters.
He said that around 10 days back large scale transfers were done in the bureaucracy and police administration.
"More than 200 IAS, IPS, PPS and PCS officers have been shifted by the government in the last couple of months, but the law and order situation remains the same," he alleged.
Pathak alleged that transfers were being done only to distract the attention of the people.
"This is nothing more than an effort on the part of the government to hide its failures. It is shuffling officers like a pack of cards," he alleged.
The spokesman said that frequent transfer was denting the morale of the bureucracy as well as police force.
"Even before an officer could settle in a district during field posting and understand the ground situation he is shunted to some other place. This is the situation with top bureaucracy as well," he alleged.
Pathak said that this was the situation when the Chief Minister himself had said about protecting honest officers.
"Instead of going for a superficial makeover by transferring the officers, the government must take some concrete steps to improve the situation in the state," he said.
The spokesman also took a dig at SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary`s statement that those who were jealous with the progress of UP, were spreading propoganda regarding criminal incidents in the state and were defaming it.
"Before making such a statement Chaudhary must realise that even the United Nations had condemned UP government in Badaun case," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp