Officials suspended over wheat purchase
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended 31 officers and employees of Pradeshik Cooperative Federation (PCF) for alleged irregularities in wheat procurement.
This was informed at a meeting held by cooperative minister Shivpal Yadav on Saturday for reviewing the departmental progress of institutions in the sector.
The minister said any laxity in wheat purchase by PCF would not be tolerated and officials found responsible for such would be placed under immediate suspension.
While directing that PCF centres be opened at 7 am, he also said farmers should get a support price for their produce.
Meanwhile, the minister alleged that there was a big scam in the purchase of computers in the cooperative department and a high-level inquiry would be initiated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das