Officials suspended over wheat purchase
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended 31 officers and employees of Pradeshik Cooperative Federation (PCF) for alleged irregularities in wheat procurement.
This was informed at a meeting held by cooperative minister Shivpal Yadav on Saturday for reviewing the departmental progress of institutions in the sector.
The minister said any laxity in wheat purchase by PCF would not be tolerated and officials found responsible for such would be placed under immediate suspension.
While directing that PCF centres be opened at 7 am, he also said farmers should get a support price for their produce.
Meanwhile, the minister alleged that there was a big scam in the purchase of computers in the cooperative department and a high-level inquiry would be initiated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj