Officials suspended over wheat purchase
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended 31 officers and employees of Pradeshik Cooperative Federation (PCF) for alleged irregularities in wheat procurement.
This was informed at a meeting held by cooperative minister Shivpal Yadav on Saturday for reviewing the departmental progress of institutions in the sector.
The minister said any laxity in wheat purchase by PCF would not be tolerated and officials found responsible for such would be placed under immediate suspension.
While directing that PCF centres be opened at 7 am, he also said farmers should get a support price for their produce.
Meanwhile, the minister alleged that there was a big scam in the purchase of computers in the cooperative department and a high-level inquiry would be initiated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'