Officials suspended over wheat purchase
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended 31 officers and employees of Pradeshik Cooperative Federation (PCF) for alleged irregularities in wheat procurement.
This was informed at a meeting held by cooperative minister Shivpal Yadav on Saturday for reviewing the departmental progress of institutions in the sector.
The minister said any laxity in wheat purchase by PCF would not be tolerated and officials found responsible for such would be placed under immediate suspension.
While directing that PCF centres be opened at 7 am, he also said farmers should get a support price for their produce.
Meanwhile, the minister alleged that there was a big scam in the purchase of computers in the cooperative department and a high-level inquiry would be initiated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know