Officials suspended over wheat purchase
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended 31 officers and employees of Pradeshik Cooperative Federation (PCF) for alleged irregularities in wheat procurement.
This was informed at a meeting held by cooperative minister Shivpal Yadav on Saturday for reviewing the departmental progress of institutions in the sector.
The minister said any laxity in wheat purchase by PCF would not be tolerated and officials found responsible for such would be placed under immediate suspension.
While directing that PCF centres be opened at 7 am, he also said farmers should get a support price for their produce.
Meanwhile, the minister alleged that there was a big scam in the purchase of computers in the cooperative department and a high-level inquiry would be initiated in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand