Oil tanker train catches fire in UP
Bahraich: Fifteen wagons of a train carrying kerosene caught fire after it derailed near Jarwal Railway Station in the district in the wee hours of Friday.
The fire broke out after four bogies including the engine of the train going to Bihar derailed, PRO, Northern Railway, Alok Srivastava said.
Fire tenders have been rushed to control the flames from the district headquarters, he said.
No injuries or casualties have been reported so far.
The route of about 12 trains has been changed while four others have been cancelled, he said.
GM, North Eastern Railway, B Ramachandran has ordered an enquiry and rail traffic on the route is likely to be restored by the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!