Oil tanker train catches fire in UP
Bahraich: Fifteen wagons of a train carrying kerosene caught fire after it derailed near Jarwal Railway Station in the district in the wee hours of Friday.
The fire broke out after four bogies including the engine of the train going to Bihar derailed, PRO, Northern Railway, Alok Srivastava said.
Fire tenders have been rushed to control the flames from the district headquarters, he said.
No injuries or casualties have been reported so far.
The route of about 12 trains has been changed while four others have been cancelled, he said.
GM, North Eastern Railway, B Ramachandran has ordered an enquiry and rail traffic on the route is likely to be restored by the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video