Oil tanker train catches fire in UP
Bahraich: Fifteen wagons of a train carrying kerosene caught fire after it derailed near Jarwal Railway Station in the district in the wee hours of Friday.
The fire broke out after four bogies including the engine of the train going to Bihar derailed, PRO, Northern Railway, Alok Srivastava said.
Fire tenders have been rushed to control the flames from the district headquarters, he said.
No injuries or casualties have been reported so far.
The route of about 12 trains has been changed while four others have been cancelled, he said.
GM, North Eastern Railway, B Ramachandran has ordered an enquiry and rail traffic on the route is likely to be restored by the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra