Oil tanker train catches fire in UP
Bahraich: Fifteen wagons of a train carrying kerosene caught fire after it derailed near Jarwal Railway Station in the district in the wee hours of Friday.
The fire broke out after four bogies including the engine of the train going to Bihar derailed, PRO, Northern Railway, Alok Srivastava said.
Fire tenders have been rushed to control the flames from the district headquarters, he said.
No injuries or casualties have been reported so far.
The route of about 12 trains has been changed while four others have been cancelled, he said.
GM, North Eastern Railway, B Ramachandran has ordered an enquiry and rail traffic on the route is likely to be restored by the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY