Omar slams UP official for `no one dies of cold` remark
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday criticised UP Principal Secretary (Home) A K Gupta for his remark that "no one died of cold" in Muzaffarnagar relief camps, saying the bureaucrat should be sent out in the cold with lesser clothes.
"Can`t die of the cold!!!! Send him out in a few less clothes and let`s see if he isn`t singing a different tune pretty damn quick," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.Com, without naming Gupta.
The bureaucrat, while defending the death toll in the relief camps for the riot victims of Muzaffarnagar, had yesterday said that no one could die of the cold.
"Children have died of pneumonia, not of cold. Nobody can die of cold. If people died of cold, nobody would have been alive in Siberia," Gupta had said.
A high-level official panel had also said that 4,783 displaced people were still living in relief camps for riot- hit victims in Muzaffarnagar where at least 34 children below 12 years staying there had also died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore