On way to prison, undertrial shot dead in UP
Lucknow: An undertrial, returning to the district jail after appearing in a court in connection with a case, was shot dead and his lawyer wounded by unidentified persons in Hapur today, police said.
Ashok Pahalwan, lodged in Hapur prison, accompanied by his lawyer Ataur Rahmam, was returning to the district jail after appearing in a court when some persons sprayed bullets on them.
Pahalwan was killed while his lawyer suffered gunshots wounds, police said. The lawyer was admitted to a nearby hospital where his condition was stated to be stable, they said.
A hunt had been launched to nab the attackers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh