On way to prison, undertrial shot dead in UP
Lucknow: An undertrial, returning to the district jail after appearing in a court in connection with a case, was shot dead and his lawyer wounded by unidentified persons in Hapur today, police said.
Ashok Pahalwan, lodged in Hapur prison, accompanied by his lawyer Ataur Rahmam, was returning to the district jail after appearing in a court when some persons sprayed bullets on them.
Pahalwan was killed while his lawyer suffered gunshots wounds, police said. The lawyer was admitted to a nearby hospital where his condition was stated to be stable, they said.
A hunt had been launched to nab the attackers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Head constable arrested for taking bribe
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016