On way to prison, undertrial shot dead in UP
Lucknow: An undertrial, returning to the district jail after appearing in a court in connection with a case, was shot dead and his lawyer wounded by unidentified persons in Hapur today, police said.
Ashok Pahalwan, lodged in Hapur prison, accompanied by his lawyer Ataur Rahmam, was returning to the district jail after appearing in a court when some persons sprayed bullets on them.
Pahalwan was killed while his lawyer suffered gunshots wounds, police said. The lawyer was admitted to a nearby hospital where his condition was stated to be stable, they said.
A hunt had been launched to nab the attackers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out! Katrina Kaif's realistic take on friendships in Bollywood
- London’s Golders Green station closed due to security alert over abandoned car
- Shocking! Heartbreaking video of babies born addicted to drugs - Watch
- Shiv Sena rues breakdown in communication with BJP, blames generational shift in party
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next