One arrested in Ghaziabad multiple murder case
Lucknow: One person has been arrested in connection with murder of seven members of a family at their home in Ghaziabad district, a senior officer said here Thursday.
Rahul Soni (22) was arrested last night and jewellery along with blood stained clothes and a rope used by the accused were recovered from him,
Additional Director General of Police (law and order) Arun Kumar told reporters here.
Seven members of a family, including three minors, were murdered at their home in Nai Basti area on Tuesday night using a sharp edged weapon.
The deceased were identified as Satish Chandra Goel (65), a businessman, his wife Manju (62), son Sachin (40), daughter in-law Rekha (38) and three grandchildren -- Megha (13), Neha (10) and Aman (7).
Kumar said that Rahul initially worked as a domestic help at Goel`s house.
"Confessing to the crime Rahul told police that a few days back the family members accused him of stealing Rs 4.5 lakh after which he planned the murder," he said.
The ADG said that the accused did not directly enter the house, instead he hopped roofs to get inside the residence and in the process also injured his leg.
"Rahul told police said that he even waited for nearly an hour when he found that some members of Goel family, including children, were present on the terrace," he said.
Kumar said that when the children went downstairs he first killed Rekha and Megha and when her husband Sachin came after hearing the cries, Rahul stabbed him as well.
To ensure that Sachin was killed, Rahul even slit the victim`s throat and later did stabbing the three children several times, Kumar said.
The ADG said that after this Rahul stabbed Goel and lastly his wife, before escaping with jewellery.
"Though he has confessed of executing the crime single handedly, we will apply for his police remand for further interrogation that whether other persons were also involved or not," he said.
Kumar said that the forensic team found a shoe print on the spot which would be matched with Rahul`s shoe, which has also been recovered.
He said that the knife used in the multiple murder has also been recovered.
"Satish ran a shop, besides he was also into property dealing," IG R K Vishwakarma had said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state