One arrested in Ghaziabad multiple murder case
Lucknow: One person has been arrested in connection with murder of seven members of a family at their home in Ghaziabad district, a senior officer said here Thursday.
Rahul Soni (22) was arrested last night and jewellery along with blood stained clothes and a rope used by the accused were recovered from him,
Additional Director General of Police (law and order) Arun Kumar told reporters here.
Seven members of a family, including three minors, were murdered at their home in Nai Basti area on Tuesday night using a sharp edged weapon.
The deceased were identified as Satish Chandra Goel (65), a businessman, his wife Manju (62), son Sachin (40), daughter in-law Rekha (38) and three grandchildren -- Megha (13), Neha (10) and Aman (7).
Kumar said that Rahul initially worked as a domestic help at Goel`s house.
"Confessing to the crime Rahul told police that a few days back the family members accused him of stealing Rs 4.5 lakh after which he planned the murder," he said.
The ADG said that the accused did not directly enter the house, instead he hopped roofs to get inside the residence and in the process also injured his leg.
"Rahul told police said that he even waited for nearly an hour when he found that some members of Goel family, including children, were present on the terrace," he said.
Kumar said that when the children went downstairs he first killed Rekha and Megha and when her husband Sachin came after hearing the cries, Rahul stabbed him as well.
To ensure that Sachin was killed, Rahul even slit the victim`s throat and later did stabbing the three children several times, Kumar said.
The ADG said that after this Rahul stabbed Goel and lastly his wife, before escaping with jewellery.
"Though he has confessed of executing the crime single handedly, we will apply for his police remand for further interrogation that whether other persons were also involved or not," he said.
Kumar said that the forensic team found a shoe print on the spot which would be matched with Rahul`s shoe, which has also been recovered.
He said that the knife used in the multiple murder has also been recovered.
"Satish ran a shop, besides he was also into property dealing," IG R K Vishwakarma had said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know