One dead, 3 others injured as miscreants open fire
Yamunanagar: A 60-year-old man was killed
and three others seriously injured after assailants opened
fire at them in Harewa village in Chachrauli block of
According to police, an old enmity is stated to be the
cause behind the murder.
The deceased, Baldev Singh, was leaving for court in
connection with the trial of his son, who is in judicial
custody for allegedly murdering a gangster two years ago.
As Baldev came out of his house, men allegedly owing
allegiance to the gangster opened fire at him, killing him on
the spot and injuring three others.
The injured have been admitted in a private hospital here
where their condition is stated be stable.
Police have registered a case and a man-hunt has been
launched to nab the culprits.
Baldev had been ostracised by villagers over his son`s
alleged involvement in the murder case. Baldev had also sought
mercy killing for himself as he was upset over being
ex-communicated by villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company