One dead, 3 others injured as miscreants open fire
Yamunanagar: A 60-year-old man was killed
and three others seriously injured after assailants opened
fire at them in Harewa village in Chachrauli block of
According to police, an old enmity is stated to be the
cause behind the murder.
The deceased, Baldev Singh, was leaving for court in
connection with the trial of his son, who is in judicial
custody for allegedly murdering a gangster two years ago.
As Baldev came out of his house, men allegedly owing
allegiance to the gangster opened fire at him, killing him on
the spot and injuring three others.
The injured have been admitted in a private hospital here
where their condition is stated be stable.
Police have registered a case and a man-hunt has been
launched to nab the culprits.
Baldev had been ostracised by villagers over his son`s
alleged involvement in the murder case. Baldev had also sought
mercy killing for himself as he was upset over being
ex-communicated by villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'