One dead, 3 others injured as miscreants open fire
Yamunanagar: A 60-year-old man was killed
and three others seriously injured after assailants opened
fire at them in Harewa village in Chachrauli block of
According to police, an old enmity is stated to be the
cause behind the murder.
The deceased, Baldev Singh, was leaving for court in
connection with the trial of his son, who is in judicial
custody for allegedly murdering a gangster two years ago.
As Baldev came out of his house, men allegedly owing
allegiance to the gangster opened fire at him, killing him on
the spot and injuring three others.
The injured have been admitted in a private hospital here
where their condition is stated be stable.
Police have registered a case and a man-hunt has been
launched to nab the culprits.
Baldev had been ostracised by villagers over his son`s
alleged involvement in the murder case. Baldev had also sought
mercy killing for himself as he was upset over being
ex-communicated by villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Thanks to natural forces, Antarctic temperature falls! But it's temporary
- I wanted to bat in the top seven for a long time, reveals Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries