One dead as water tank bursts in Mathura temple
Mathura: One person was killed and five were injured when an overhead water tank on a temple roof burst here Monday, police said.
"The water tank situated in the premises of the Khushali Baba temple burst inside the temple today (Monday). One man died as he got buried in the debris. Five people were injured," Deputy Superintendent of Police Babu Lal said to a news agency.
"After the tank collapsed there was a stampede in the temple. No one was injured in the stampede," he said, adding that the tank was 40 feet in height.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?