One dies in Muzaffarnagar riots` relief camp
Muzaffarnagar: A riot-victim has died in a private relief camp at Barnawi village in the neighbouring Shamli district here.
48-year-old Bablu fell ill and died due to cold yesterday, claimed the organiser and the village head Hafiz Hauser.
Kauser said that at least 250 people are in the Barnawi relief camp.
Meanwhile, government authorities have shifted 250 families from Madarsa private camp in Shamli town and another 126 families from the Sanjak village relief camp to safer places to prevent them from the cold wave conditions sweeping across the Uttar Pradesh.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that broke out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug