One electrocuted, 35 injured in stampede at Etawah
Etawah: One person was electrocuted at a
religious gathering in the district today triggering a
stampede in which 35 persons, mostly women and children, were
Niranjan Shakya was electrocuted at Nagla Rathore village
when an iron pole of the pandal where a "Bhagwat Katha" was
being held came into contact with high tension electric wires,
District Magistrate G S Priyadarshi said after inspecting the
The death of the man led to a stampede at the pandal
leaving 35 persons, most of them women and children, injured,
The injured were rushed to a hospital in Sefai, he said
adding that an ex-gratia of Rs 20,000 has been provided to the
kin of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!