One killed, 2 cops among six injured in clash
Mathura: At least one person was killed while six others, including two policemen, were injured when a mob agitated over the death of a farmer attacked a police station at Shergarh village, 48 kms from here.
The clash erupted after a farmer, who had entered into an argument with some policemen, was allegedly pulled down by them from the tractor he was driving, sources said.
In the melee, Jitu (18) allegedly fell and later died of injuries, villagers alleged.
Infuriated over the death, villagers attacked the Shergarh police station, sources said.
One person, Babu (22), was killed and six others, including an SHO and a policeman, were injured in the firing and stone-pelting.
"In spite of firing from the public, police maintained utmost restrain and there was no firing from the police. Two persons have been killed. The situation is well within control," said Superintendent of Police Pradeep Yadav, who was the first to reach the spot.
The mob also set three police motorcycles on fire.
While villagers alleged that Babu died in police firing, police claim that they did not open fire.
IG Police Ashutosh Pandey was on his way to the spot when the last report came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city