One killed; 9 injured as high tension wire falls on them
Ghazipur (Uttar Pradesh): One person was killed on Friday while nine others seriously injured when a high tension electric wire fell on them in Bayepur Devkali village of the district.
Vakil Yadav (26) died on the spot and nine others, including four women, received serious burn injuries and had to be admitted to district hospital, police said.
District Magistrate Chandrapal Singh said that Power Corporation has been asked to provide compensation to the bereaved family and the injured as per the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP