One killed as loudspeaker explodes during dismantling
Aligarh: One person was killed and two others seriously injured in an accidental explosion which took place while dismantling of a loudspeaker at Gonda area, about 30 kilometres from here, police said Tuesday.
The incident took place last evening when the victims were dismantling the loudspeaker by using a hammer and the instrument suddenly exploded, they said.
Sanjay Kumar, a scrap dealer, was rushed to a medical college but he succumbed to his injuries on the way.
The other two injured are undergoing treatment, police said, adding that it was a freak accident and no explosive material was recovered from the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!