One killed, dozens injured in violence over property dispute
Noida: Violence erupted on Monday between the members of two castes in Kanavani village here over property dispute in which one person was killed and over a dozen were injured, forcing authorities to rush in more force to maintain law and order, police said.
According to police, there was a property dispute between Satbir Kasana, a Gujjar and Chaman Singh Bhagat, a dalit.
"Today, after heated argument, two groups clashed over possession of land. They pelted stones and fired shots at each other, during which a bullet fired from the dalit group side hit Satbir`s son Rahul Kasana (20) who died on the spot," SP City Yogish Singh said.
Around a dozen people from both the sides also suffered injuries, who were admitted to Ghaziabad`s Ganesh hospital and other private hospitals.
After the Gujjar-Dalit clash, senior police officers reached the spot, and deployed additional force and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) force to prevent spread of violence.
Some incidents of fire by mob were also reported at some places but it was brought under control by the fire department and no casualty was reported.
"Deshraj, Jitender, Amit, Chaman and dozen other persons have been detained for interrogation," the official said.
The SDM, the ADM and other officers were camping at the village and monitoring the situation and issuing directions to check law and order and arrest the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders