One killed, dozens injured in violence over property dispute
Noida: Violence erupted on Monday between the members of two castes in Kanavani village here over property dispute in which one person was killed and over a dozen were injured, forcing authorities to rush in more force to maintain law and order, police said.
According to police, there was a property dispute between Satbir Kasana, a Gujjar and Chaman Singh Bhagat, a dalit.
"Today, after heated argument, two groups clashed over possession of land. They pelted stones and fired shots at each other, during which a bullet fired from the dalit group side hit Satbir`s son Rahul Kasana (20) who died on the spot," SP City Yogish Singh said.
Around a dozen people from both the sides also suffered injuries, who were admitted to Ghaziabad`s Ganesh hospital and other private hospitals.
After the Gujjar-Dalit clash, senior police officers reached the spot, and deployed additional force and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) force to prevent spread of violence.
Some incidents of fire by mob were also reported at some places but it was brought under control by the fire department and no casualty was reported.
"Deshraj, Jitender, Amit, Chaman and dozen other persons have been detained for interrogation," the official said.
The SDM, the ADM and other officers were camping at the village and monitoring the situation and issuing directions to check law and order and arrest the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video