One killed due to heavy rains in UP, major rivers on rise
Lucknow: Moderate to heavy downpour was witnessed in parts of Uttar Pradesh as one person was killed in rain-related incidents in the state while major rivers were flowing near the danger mark.
Reports reaching here said that one person was killed in an incident of roof collapse due to heavy rainfall.
Meanwhile, threat looms large on several villages in the district with the river Ghaghra flowing near the danger mark after additional water was released into it from the neighbouring Nepal.
According to Met department, Siddhauli recorded 10 cm rainfall followed by Deoband and Balrampur 9 cm each, Amethi 7 cm, Saharanpur 6 cm, Moradabad, Banda and Unnao 5 cm each.
Sources said that rain and thundershowers might occur at many places over western districts and other few places over east UP. Heavy rainfall might occur at one or two places over east UP in the next 48 hours.
Central Water Commission sources said the river Ganga continues to flow close to the danger mark at Fatehgarh, Ankinghat(Kanpur dehat), Kanpur and Ballia while river Sharda was flowing above the red mark at Palia Kalan and close to the red mark at Shardanagar.
Ghaghra river was rising menacingly and was flowing above the red mark at Elgin Bridge in Barabanki, Ayodhya and Turtipar in Ballia, the sources said, adding that Rapti River was also flowing near the danger level at Bhinga in Shravasti district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie