One killed in celebratory firing in UP
Azamgarh: One person was killed in celebratory firing during a marriage function in Kaptanganj area, police said here on Friday.
Gyanchandra Sharma (38), uncle of the bride, was killed after being hit by a bullet in his head, during celebratory firing by some persons from the groom`s side in Bhitari village last night, they said.
Efforts were being made to identify and arrest those involved in celebratory firing, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state