One killed in clash in Muzaffarnagar district
Muzaffarnagar: One person succumbed to
injuries on Tuesday after he was shot in a clash between two groups which occurred over the construction of a temple`s boundary wall at Noor Nagar in the district, police said.
Ajay Kumar (25) was shot in the head during the clash yesterday.
He was taken to Delhi for treatment but he succumbed to injuries, police said.
Police have registered a case and arrested eight people in this connection so far.
Members of one of the groups had started construction of a temple`s boundary wall yesterday, which was objected to by the other group. The altercation had turned violent, leading to five people being injured.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed to prevent any untoward incident in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof