One killed in clash in Muzaffarnagar district
Muzaffarnagar: One person succumbed to
injuries on Tuesday after he was shot in a clash between two groups which occurred over the construction of a temple`s boundary wall at Noor Nagar in the district, police said.
Ajay Kumar (25) was shot in the head during the clash yesterday.
He was taken to Delhi for treatment but he succumbed to injuries, police said.
Police have registered a case and arrested eight people in this connection so far.
Members of one of the groups had started construction of a temple`s boundary wall yesterday, which was objected to by the other group. The altercation had turned violent, leading to five people being injured.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed to prevent any untoward incident in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today