One killed in clash in Muzaffarnagar district
Muzaffarnagar: One person succumbed to
injuries on Tuesday after he was shot in a clash between two groups which occurred over the construction of a temple`s boundary wall at Noor Nagar in the district, police said.
Ajay Kumar (25) was shot in the head during the clash yesterday.
He was taken to Delhi for treatment but he succumbed to injuries, police said.
Police have registered a case and arrested eight people in this connection so far.
Members of one of the groups had started construction of a temple`s boundary wall yesterday, which was objected to by the other group. The altercation had turned violent, leading to five people being injured.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed to prevent any untoward incident in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital