One killed in clash in Muzaffarnagar district
Muzaffarnagar: One person succumbed to
injuries on Tuesday after he was shot in a clash between two groups which occurred over the construction of a temple`s boundary wall at Noor Nagar in the district, police said.
Ajay Kumar (25) was shot in the head during the clash yesterday.
He was taken to Delhi for treatment but he succumbed to injuries, police said.
Police have registered a case and arrested eight people in this connection so far.
Members of one of the groups had started construction of a temple`s boundary wall yesterday, which was objected to by the other group. The altercation had turned violent, leading to five people being injured.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed to prevent any untoward incident in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- 7th Pay Commission: Delhi govt notifies hike in salaries, pensions for over 1 lakh employees
- Olympics 2016: Andy Murray dominates in Rio Games, outsider Monica Puig arrives on big stage
- SALUTE! What a mom she is! This lady catches her son teasing girl - WATCH what happened next
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's 'workout tips' will give you major 'Baar Baar Dekho' feels! Pic inside
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan