One killed in clash in Muzaffarnagar district
Muzaffarnagar: One person succumbed to
injuries on Tuesday after he was shot in a clash between two groups which occurred over the construction of a temple`s boundary wall at Noor Nagar in the district, police said.
Ajay Kumar (25) was shot in the head during the clash yesterday.
He was taken to Delhi for treatment but he succumbed to injuries, police said.
Police have registered a case and arrested eight people in this connection so far.
Members of one of the groups had started construction of a temple`s boundary wall yesterday, which was objected to by the other group. The altercation had turned violent, leading to five people being injured.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed to prevent any untoward incident in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP