One killed over property dispute
Azamgarh: One person was killed and three others injured in a clash over property dispute in Nagariya-Madaiya village here today, police said.
Phool Chand Chauhan (50) was attacked with lathis by members of a rival group after which he succumbed to injuries at a local hospital, they said.
Three other members of his family were also injured in the incident, they said, adding that an FIR has been lodged against five people in the case.
Meanwhile, vehicular traffic on the Azamgarh-Varanasi route was disrupted for over two hours when locals staged a dharna demanding immediate arrest of the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa