One killed over property dispute
Azamgarh: One person was killed and three others injured in a clash over property dispute in Nagariya-Madaiya village here today, police said.
Phool Chand Chauhan (50) was attacked with lathis by members of a rival group after which he succumbed to injuries at a local hospital, they said.
Three other members of his family were also injured in the incident, they said, adding that an FIR has been lodged against five people in the case.
Meanwhile, vehicular traffic on the Azamgarh-Varanasi route was disrupted for over two hours when locals staged a dharna demanding immediate arrest of the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!