One killed over property dispute
Azamgarh: One person was killed and three others injured in a clash over property dispute in Nagariya-Madaiya village here today, police said.
Phool Chand Chauhan (50) was attacked with lathis by members of a rival group after which he succumbed to injuries at a local hospital, they said.
Three other members of his family were also injured in the incident, they said, adding that an FIR has been lodged against five people in the case.
Meanwhile, vehicular traffic on the Azamgarh-Varanasi route was disrupted for over two hours when locals staged a dharna demanding immediate arrest of the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?