One killed, several injured in clash
Muzaffarnagar: A man was allegedly shot dead and more than ten people were injured when a clash broke out between two communities over dumping of garbage in Shamli district, police said on Wednesday.
A verbal duel broke out between a sanitary worker and a man over dumping of garbage last evening, they said.
Soon sanitary employees and men of other group gathered at the spot and burnt the vehicles, besides damaging houses and shops.
Ahsan (26) was shot dead and over 10 people were injured when the two groups exchanged fire and damaged property. They also resorted to stone pelting.
Tension prevailed in the area and police force has been deployed to control the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees