One-member commission to probe SP-doctors clash in Kanpur
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday constituted a one-member inquiry commission to probe into incidents that led to a clash between SP supporters and doctors of a medical college in Kanpur, officials said.
The commission, headed by retired judge RM Chauhan will be headquarters in Lucknow with a camp office in Kanpur, a home department spokesman said.
The commission has been entrusted with the responsibility to find out the cause and ascertain the facts in relation to the incidents at the GSVM medical college in Kanpur on February 28, and also to ascertain the appropriateness of the measures taken by the authorities and their efforts to handle the situation, he said.
The decision comes as doctors in Kanpur today called off their six-day stir, which affected medical services in the city and the state at large.
It will investigate the events at the medical college and nearby petrol pump and would submit its report in three weeks time to the government, the spokesman quoting Principal Secretary Home, Anil Kumar Gupta, said.
The body would also give its suggestions on fixing responsibility with regard to the incidents and set limits as also ways and means to check recurrence of such incidents in future, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!