One-member commission to probe SP-doctors clash in Kanpur
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday constituted a one-member inquiry commission to probe into incidents that led to a clash between SP supporters and doctors of a medical college in Kanpur, officials said.
The commission, headed by retired judge RM Chauhan will be headquarters in Lucknow with a camp office in Kanpur, a home department spokesman said.
The commission has been entrusted with the responsibility to find out the cause and ascertain the facts in relation to the incidents at the GSVM medical college in Kanpur on February 28, and also to ascertain the appropriateness of the measures taken by the authorities and their efforts to handle the situation, he said.
The decision comes as doctors in Kanpur today called off their six-day stir, which affected medical services in the city and the state at large.
It will investigate the events at the medical college and nearby petrol pump and would submit its report in three weeks time to the government, the spokesman quoting Principal Secretary Home, Anil Kumar Gupta, said.
The body would also give its suggestions on fixing responsibility with regard to the incidents and set limits as also ways and means to check recurrence of such incidents in future, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!