One more arrested for murder of Amethi Congress leader`s son
Amethi: Police on Friday arrested one more person in connection with the murder of a son of Congress leader Jang Bahadur Singh, and his close aide last month.
A team led by Jagdishpur police station SHO Bharat Raj Singh today arrested Vikram Singh alias Vicky for allegedly plotting the murder of Mahendra Pratap Singh alias Daddan Singh and his close aide Suresh Pandey on June 14 last, Amethi SP Hira Lal said here.
A nine-mm pistol with seven live cartridges were also recovered from his possession, the SP added.
Police had on July 8 arrested three persons (Veer Singh, Ravindra Pratap Singh and Amar Nath Pathak) for their alleged involvement in the double murder case, while two more accused -- Nilkamal Singh and Rudra Pratap Singh -- had surrendered before court on June 30 and July 3, respectively.
Daddan and Suresh were killed on June 14 last near Raniganj market in Jagdishpur. An FIR in this regard was registered by Daddan`s father Jang Bahadur.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged