One more arrested for murder of Amethi Congress leader`s son
Amethi: Police on Friday arrested one more person in connection with the murder of a son of Congress leader Jang Bahadur Singh, and his close aide last month.
A team led by Jagdishpur police station SHO Bharat Raj Singh today arrested Vikram Singh alias Vicky for allegedly plotting the murder of Mahendra Pratap Singh alias Daddan Singh and his close aide Suresh Pandey on June 14 last, Amethi SP Hira Lal said here.
A nine-mm pistol with seven live cartridges were also recovered from his possession, the SP added.
Police had on July 8 arrested three persons (Veer Singh, Ravindra Pratap Singh and Amar Nath Pathak) for their alleged involvement in the double murder case, while two more accused -- Nilkamal Singh and Rudra Pratap Singh -- had surrendered before court on June 30 and July 3, respectively.
Daddan and Suresh were killed on June 14 last near Raniganj market in Jagdishpur. An FIR in this regard was registered by Daddan`s father Jang Bahadur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling