One person shot at in front SP`s house, leads to arson in UP
Auraiya: One person was on Friday shot at in front of the residence of a superintendent of police in Kanshi Ram colony here leading to tension in the area.
Following the incident, locals gathered outside the house of the accused, Dheeraj Awasthi, and set it on fire. The angry mob also burnt down a motorcycle and damaged the jeep of the circle officer, police said.
The victim, Zahir Khan (45), was shot at by Dheeraj after he refused to pay extortion money. Khan was rushed to the hospital, where his condition was stated to be serious.
Heavy police force has been deployed in the area to check any untoward incident.
The accused has been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack