One person shot at in front SP`s house, leads to arson in UP
Auraiya: One person was on Friday shot at in front of the residence of a superintendent of police in Kanshi Ram colony here leading to tension in the area.
Following the incident, locals gathered outside the house of the accused, Dheeraj Awasthi, and set it on fire. The angry mob also burnt down a motorcycle and damaged the jeep of the circle officer, police said.
The victim, Zahir Khan (45), was shot at by Dheeraj after he refused to pay extortion money. Khan was rushed to the hospital, where his condition was stated to be serious.
Heavy police force has been deployed in the area to check any untoward incident.
The accused has been arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'