One sentenced to life term in UP
Azamgarh: One person has been awarded life sentence by a local court here in a three-year-old murder case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge S P Arvind awarded life imprisonment with a fine of Rs 10,000 to one Mitayee of Deora Jadid village under Maharjganj police station area here yesterday.
According to the prosecution, Mitayee had shot dead one Rajmani following a dispute over goat grazing on May 6, 2009.
After hearing both the sides, the court pronounced the judgement yesterday, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption