One sentenced to life term in UP
Azamgarh: One person has been awarded life sentence by a local court here in a three-year-old murder case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge S P Arvind awarded life imprisonment with a fine of Rs 10,000 to one Mitayee of Deora Jadid village under Maharjganj police station area here yesterday.
According to the prosecution, Mitayee had shot dead one Rajmani following a dispute over goat grazing on May 6, 2009.
After hearing both the sides, the court pronounced the judgement yesterday, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?