One sentenced to life term in UP
Azamgarh: One person has been awarded life sentence by a local court here in a three-year-old murder case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge S P Arvind awarded life imprisonment with a fine of Rs 10,000 to one Mitayee of Deora Jadid village under Maharjganj police station area here yesterday.
According to the prosecution, Mitayee had shot dead one Rajmani following a dispute over goat grazing on May 6, 2009.
After hearing both the sides, the court pronounced the judgement yesterday, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing