Only 2 died due to cold in UP: SP government
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government Thursday claimed in the Assembly that only two persons died due to cold this winter.
"Two persons have died due to cold this winter till January 20," Revenue Minister Ambika Chowdhury said while replying to a question raised by BJP member Suresh Rana in the Assembly, contradicting the higher toll in media reports.
Rana alleged scam in purchase and distribution of blankets to the people, to which the minister replied that government was ready to conduct an inquiry in this regard if any complaint was received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'