Only 2 died due to cold in UP: SP government
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government Thursday claimed in the Assembly that only two persons died due to cold this winter.
"Two persons have died due to cold this winter till January 20," Revenue Minister Ambika Chowdhury said while replying to a question raised by BJP member Suresh Rana in the Assembly, contradicting the higher toll in media reports.
Rana alleged scam in purchase and distribution of blankets to the people, to which the minister replied that government was ready to conduct an inquiry in this regard if any complaint was received.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview