Only dialogue can solve Ayodhya issue: Kanchi seer
Salem: Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra
Saraswati has said dialogue is the only way to a permanent
settlement of the Ayodhya issue.
"Dialogue between various parties to the Ram Janmabhoomi-
Babri Masjid title suit is the only way towards the permanent
settlement of the issue," he told reporters on the sidelines
of a function here yesterday.
The seer said he will participate in a talk between
religious leaders of both the sides on the issue on May 14 in
The Supreme Court on May 9 had stayed the Allahabad High
Court`s verdict dividing in three parts the disputed Ram
Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid site in Ayodhya, terming as
"something strange" the judgement although the parties had not
asked for trifurcation of the land.
The court, while staying the September 30, 2010 judgement
of the Lucknow bench of the high court, ordered status quo at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler