Only dialogue can solve Ayodhya issue: Kanchi seer
Salem: Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra
Saraswati has said dialogue is the only way to a permanent
settlement of the Ayodhya issue.
"Dialogue between various parties to the Ram Janmabhoomi-
Babri Masjid title suit is the only way towards the permanent
settlement of the issue," he told reporters on the sidelines
of a function here yesterday.
The seer said he will participate in a talk between
religious leaders of both the sides on the issue on May 14 in
The Supreme Court on May 9 had stayed the Allahabad High
Court`s verdict dividing in three parts the disputed Ram
Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid site in Ayodhya, terming as
"something strange" the judgement although the parties had not
asked for trifurcation of the land.
The court, while staying the September 30, 2010 judgement
of the Lucknow bench of the high court, ordered status quo at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!