Only dialogue can solve Ayodhya issue: Kanchi seer
Salem: Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra
Saraswati has said dialogue is the only way to a permanent
settlement of the Ayodhya issue.
"Dialogue between various parties to the Ram Janmabhoomi-
Babri Masjid title suit is the only way towards the permanent
settlement of the issue," he told reporters on the sidelines
of a function here yesterday.
The seer said he will participate in a talk between
religious leaders of both the sides on the issue on May 14 in
The Supreme Court on May 9 had stayed the Allahabad High
Court`s verdict dividing in three parts the disputed Ram
Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid site in Ayodhya, terming as
"something strange" the judgement although the parties had not
asked for trifurcation of the land.
The court, while staying the September 30, 2010 judgement
of the Lucknow bench of the high court, ordered status quo at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail