Only dialogue can solve Ayodhya issue: Kanchi seer
Salem: Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra
Saraswati has said dialogue is the only way to a permanent
settlement of the Ayodhya issue.
"Dialogue between various parties to the Ram Janmabhoomi-
Babri Masjid title suit is the only way towards the permanent
settlement of the issue," he told reporters on the sidelines
of a function here yesterday.
The seer said he will participate in a talk between
religious leaders of both the sides on the issue on May 14 in
The Supreme Court on May 9 had stayed the Allahabad High
Court`s verdict dividing in three parts the disputed Ram
Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid site in Ayodhya, terming as
"something strange" the judgement although the parties had not
asked for trifurcation of the land.
The court, while staying the September 30, 2010 judgement
of the Lucknow bench of the high court, ordered status quo at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report