Only `ignorant` can consider SP as regional player: Mulayam
Lucknow: Those who consider Samajwadi Party as a regional power in national politics are "ignorant", party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav said on Wednesday and claimed that the next government at the Centre will not be possible without SP`s support.
"No government will be formed in Delhi without Samajwadi Party (after Lok Sabha polls)... Now Left and other parties have also started talking of Third Front... And SP was the biggest power among them...Those, who are taking SP as a regional party in national politics are ignorant. UP alone is equal to a number of states," Yadav said.
The SP chief was addressing a programme at the party headquarters here to commemorate birth anniversary of former party state president Ram Sharan Das.
Yadav exuded confidence that SP would win considerable seats outside UP in the next year`s General Elections.
"In UP there is a government of majority. In coming Lok Sabha polls, not only in UP but party would win seats in other states too," Yadav said.
On the issue Babri mosque, Yadav said he had written a letter to the then President Shankar Dayal Sharma just days before it was demolished.
"I wrote to President Shankar Dayal Sharma on December 4, 1992 expressing apprehensions about demolition. The President also had same apprehensions," he claimed.
Party state president and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on the occasion said that he had a target to make SP a national party and it was the need of the hour to expand it beyond UP.
"We can emerge as a big force at the Centre," Akhilesh said adding that in the coming elections a lesson should be taught to Congress.
"I ask all the party workers to come out and ensure victory of party and ensure maximum of seats in Lok Sabha polls," Akhilesh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'