Only `third force` can ensure development: Mulayam
Lucknow: Raising the pitch for Third Front, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Wednesday said welfare of people will only take place when a government of "third force" is installed at the Centre.
The former UP chief minister said,"welfare of people will only take place when there was a government of the third force at Delhi".
"Congress or BJP will not form government at the Centre, instead a third force will come to the power. Both the parties will not get majority any longer," Mulayam said while addressing a joint meeting of the office-bearers of youth frontal organisations at the SP headquarters here.
The SP supremo claimed that a canard was being spread regarding law and order situation in the state.
"Delhi is the centre of crime, but Uttar Pradesh is being defamed," he alleged.
Highlighting achievements of the SP government, Mulayam said that the party will go to the people with it in Lok Sabha elections.
Alleging that there was a weak government at the Centre, the SP supremo said the Lok Sabha polls may be held in November and the Centre was in a state of "dilemma".
The former defence minister claimed that boundaries of the country were not safe.
"The government has turned a blind eye towards threat to the country`s boundary," he alleged.
The SP chief asked the party workers to take the work being done by the UP government to the people in every district.
Speaking on the occasion, UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav alleged that previous BSP government "ruined" the state in its five years of rule.
Akhilesh also alleged that trade organisations like CII and FICCI were deciding the politics of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31