‘Oppn trying to project BSP as anti-upper caste’
Mumbai: Opposition parties, as a part of a
political conspiracy, branded BSP as being opposed to the
upper castes though it was not the case, Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister and BSP president, Mayawati, said here on Sunday.
"Opposition has tried all dirty tricks in the book, and
under a well though-out political conspiracy, they have spread
the propaganda that our party and its ideology are opposed to
the upper castes," she said at a rally in suburban Goregaon.
"We have all along said BSP is not against any caste...
We want to create a society where all are equal," she said.
She also recounted the attack on her and her party
workers at the Lucknow guest house when BSP was poised to form
the government for the first time in Uttar Pradesh, alleging
that Samajwadi Party had engineered the attack, "but I was
saved due to the blessings of crores of poor people".
Similarly, in 2003, the then BJP-led government, "with a
malicious intent", ordered a CBI probe into her so-called
disproportionate wealth, she said.
By giving political colour to even the smallest of the
matters, the opposition was attempting to destabilize her
government, Mayawati said. Even some of the people in the
media, with a casteist mentality, were publishing a distorted
picture, she added. "But let me make it clear, that I am not
going to get cowed down by such things.
This is because, unlike leaders of other parties, I have
not come into politics through a legacy but (I came) through
working in party and working at village level," she said,
without referring to Congress president Sonia Gandhi. "At no
cost will I kneel down before the opposition."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000