Opposition for freezing BSP`s symbol
Lucknow: Opposition parties on Wednesday demanded
freezing of BSP`s poll symobol elephant, alleging huge public
money was spent on installing statues of the elephant in
different parts of the state.
"Huge public funds have been spent on installing statues
of the elephant in Lucknow and elsewhere. This is nothing but
publicity of the BSP symbol. Why it should not be freezed?"
Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
Congress spokesman Dwijendra Tripathi said the symbol
should be freezed.
"These statues (of elephant) are the campaign material
of the ruling party installed at the cost of public," he said.
BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said raising fingers
at constitutional bodies like the Election Commission had
become the habit of the BSP.
The Election Commission had ordered veiling of statues
of Chief Minister Mayawati and the elephant installed in the
state till the completion of the poll process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?