Opposition for freezing BSP`s symbol
Lucknow: Opposition parties on Wednesday demanded
freezing of BSP`s poll symobol elephant, alleging huge public
money was spent on installing statues of the elephant in
different parts of the state.
"Huge public funds have been spent on installing statues
of the elephant in Lucknow and elsewhere. This is nothing but
publicity of the BSP symbol. Why it should not be freezed?"
Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
Congress spokesman Dwijendra Tripathi said the symbol
should be freezed.
"These statues (of elephant) are the campaign material
of the ruling party installed at the cost of public," he said.
BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said raising fingers
at constitutional bodies like the Election Commission had
become the habit of the BSP.
The Election Commission had ordered veiling of statues
of Chief Minister Mayawati and the elephant installed in the
state till the completion of the poll process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley