Opposition in UP council stages walkout over stamp
Lucknow: Opposition members on Wednesday staged a walkout from the Uttar Pradesh legislative council on the issue of February 10 stampede at Allahabad railway station in which 37 people were killed.
The issue was raised by BSP members through adjournment motion during zero hours alleging that the incident took place due to mismanagement of the administration.
Denying the allegation, leader of the House Ahmad Hasan tried to clarify the issue. However, dissatisfied with his reply, Congress members followed by BSP and BJP walked out of the House.
The motion was rejected by chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey.
The BSP also raised the issue of poor upkeep of memorials and parks constructed to pay homage to prominent personalities.
Rejecting the motion, Pandey directed the government to do proper upkeep and ensure that thefts do not take place.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed