Opposition in UP council stages walkout over stamp
Lucknow: Opposition members on Wednesday staged a walkout from the Uttar Pradesh legislative council on the issue of February 10 stampede at Allahabad railway station in which 37 people were killed.
The issue was raised by BSP members through adjournment motion during zero hours alleging that the incident took place due to mismanagement of the administration.
Denying the allegation, leader of the House Ahmad Hasan tried to clarify the issue. However, dissatisfied with his reply, Congress members followed by BSP and BJP walked out of the House.
The motion was rejected by chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey.
The BSP also raised the issue of poor upkeep of memorials and parks constructed to pay homage to prominent personalities.
Rejecting the motion, Pandey directed the government to do proper upkeep and ensure that thefts do not take place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez