Opposition in UP council stages walkout over stamp
Lucknow: Opposition members on Wednesday staged a walkout from the Uttar Pradesh legislative council on the issue of February 10 stampede at Allahabad railway station in which 37 people were killed.
The issue was raised by BSP members through adjournment motion during zero hours alleging that the incident took place due to mismanagement of the administration.
Denying the allegation, leader of the House Ahmad Hasan tried to clarify the issue. However, dissatisfied with his reply, Congress members followed by BSP and BJP walked out of the House.
The motion was rejected by chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey.
The BSP also raised the issue of poor upkeep of memorials and parks constructed to pay homage to prominent personalities.
Rejecting the motion, Pandey directed the government to do proper upkeep and ensure that thefts do not take place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal