Opposition parties gear up to attack Akhilesh government in UP Assembly session
Lucknow: As the first UP Assembly session starts on Thursday, opposition parties have geared up to question the Akhilesh Yadav led government on various issues including power crisis, women safety and the deteriorating law and order situation.
UP Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP)president, Laxmikant Bajpai, said "BJP will raise all the issues in the Assembly session today, including problems related to safety of women, law and order, unemployment and power crisis. If the state government doesn`t show a positive attitude towards the important issues, then the BJP will inform the public about the shortcomings of the state government."
Bahujan Samaj Party leader Swami Prasad Maurya , also said "UP is facing a lot of problems right now, with hooligans making a mockery of the system and don`t even spare the policemen. The rape cases have increased in the region and there are at least 2-3 rapes everyday in every district. The culprits are so fearless of the law that abduction, rape and killing girls by hanging them on the trees have become a new fashion."
Maurya added that the issues regarding women safety, power crisis, problems of farmers and law and order situations will be raised by his party in the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh