Opposition parties gear up to attack Akhilesh government in UP Assembly session
Lucknow: As the first UP Assembly session starts on Thursday, opposition parties have geared up to question the Akhilesh Yadav led government on various issues including power crisis, women safety and the deteriorating law and order situation.
UP Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP)president, Laxmikant Bajpai, said "BJP will raise all the issues in the Assembly session today, including problems related to safety of women, law and order, unemployment and power crisis. If the state government doesn`t show a positive attitude towards the important issues, then the BJP will inform the public about the shortcomings of the state government."
Bahujan Samaj Party leader Swami Prasad Maurya , also said "UP is facing a lot of problems right now, with hooligans making a mockery of the system and don`t even spare the policemen. The rape cases have increased in the region and there are at least 2-3 rapes everyday in every district. The culprits are so fearless of the law that abduction, rape and killing girls by hanging them on the trees have become a new fashion."
Maurya added that the issues regarding women safety, power crisis, problems of farmers and law and order situations will be raised by his party in the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price