`Other states following UP`s laptop-tablet scheme`
Balrampur: Impressed with state government`s scheme of providing free laptops and tablet computers to youths, other states have now started following the Uttar Pradesh model by making similar announcements, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday said.
"Other states are now emulating (the) Uttar Pradesh (model) and announcing that they will distribute free laptops and computer tablets to youth," Akhilesh, who was here to attend a function, said.
The Chief Minister reiterated his party`s stand on FDI in retail, and said his government will not implement it in Uttar Pradesh.
Acknowledging that there is no substitute to employment, Akhilesh said his government is providing allowances to unemployed youths, and efforts are being made to create more job opportunities in the state.
On delay in announcing state advisory price for sugarcane, he said it will be declared soon and farmers will get a good price for their produce.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'