`Other states following UP`s laptop-tablet scheme`
Balrampur: Impressed with state government`s scheme of providing free laptops and tablet computers to youths, other states have now started following the Uttar Pradesh model by making similar announcements, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday said.
"Other states are now emulating (the) Uttar Pradesh (model) and announcing that they will distribute free laptops and computer tablets to youth," Akhilesh, who was here to attend a function, said.
The Chief Minister reiterated his party`s stand on FDI in retail, and said his government will not implement it in Uttar Pradesh.
Acknowledging that there is no substitute to employment, Akhilesh said his government is providing allowances to unemployed youths, and efforts are being made to create more job opportunities in the state.
On delay in announcing state advisory price for sugarcane, he said it will be declared soon and farmers will get a good price for their produce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi