`Other states following UP`s laptop-tablet scheme`
Balrampur: Impressed with state government`s scheme of providing free laptops and tablet computers to youths, other states have now started following the Uttar Pradesh model by making similar announcements, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday said.
"Other states are now emulating (the) Uttar Pradesh (model) and announcing that they will distribute free laptops and computer tablets to youth," Akhilesh, who was here to attend a function, said.
The Chief Minister reiterated his party`s stand on FDI in retail, and said his government will not implement it in Uttar Pradesh.
Acknowledging that there is no substitute to employment, Akhilesh said his government is providing allowances to unemployed youths, and efforts are being made to create more job opportunities in the state.
On delay in announcing state advisory price for sugarcane, he said it will be declared soon and farmers will get a good price for their produce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town