Over 100 shops gutted in market fire in Bareilly
Bareilly: Over 100 shops were gutted
when a major fire broke out at a market in Izzatnagar area
here, resulting in damages to assets worth Rs 10 crore, police
However, no loss of life was reported in the incident
last night at New Model Colony market.
"Over 100 temporary shops were gutted in the fire and the
loss is estimated at around Rs 10 crore," Sub-Divisional
Magistrate Manohar Singh said.
Over a dozen fire tenders were immediately pressed into
service to douse the blaze, he said, adding an inquiry has
been ordered to ascertain the cause of the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka