Over 100 shops gutted in market fire in Bareilly
Bareilly: Over 100 shops were gutted
when a major fire broke out at a market in Izzatnagar area
here, resulting in damages to assets worth Rs 10 crore, police
However, no loss of life was reported in the incident
last night at New Model Colony market.
"Over 100 temporary shops were gutted in the fire and the
loss is estimated at around Rs 10 crore," Sub-Divisional
Magistrate Manohar Singh said.
Over a dozen fire tenders were immediately pressed into
service to douse the blaze, he said, adding an inquiry has
been ordered to ascertain the cause of the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar