Over 100 shops gutted in market fire in Bareilly
Bareilly: Over 100 shops were gutted
when a major fire broke out at a market in Izzatnagar area
here, resulting in damages to assets worth Rs 10 crore, police
However, no loss of life was reported in the incident
last night at New Model Colony market.
"Over 100 temporary shops were gutted in the fire and the
loss is estimated at around Rs 10 crore," Sub-Divisional
Magistrate Manohar Singh said.
Over a dozen fire tenders were immediately pressed into
service to douse the blaze, he said, adding an inquiry has
been ordered to ascertain the cause of the fire.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India