Over 150 FIRs lodged for poll code violation in UP
Lucknow: More than 150 FIRs were today
lodged in different parts of Uttar Pradesh for alleged
violation of model code of conduct in the run up to the
"154 FIRs were lodged in cases of wall writings, posters,
banners, misuse of beacon lights, use of loudspeakers and
influencing electorates," joint chief electoral officer Anita
Meshram told reporters here.
She said that in 212 cases of misuse of blue and red
beacon lights, 124 FIRs were lodged. Besides, two cases were
lodged for influencing electorates.
"With this, in five lakh cases of violation of code of
conduct so far 1,940 FIRs have been lodged," Meshram said.
She said that flying squad and surveillance teams today
recovered 16.26 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional