Over 150 FIRs lodged for poll code violation in UP
Lucknow: More than 150 FIRs were today
lodged in different parts of Uttar Pradesh for alleged
violation of model code of conduct in the run up to the
"154 FIRs were lodged in cases of wall writings, posters,
banners, misuse of beacon lights, use of loudspeakers and
influencing electorates," joint chief electoral officer Anita
Meshram told reporters here.
She said that in 212 cases of misuse of blue and red
beacon lights, 124 FIRs were lodged. Besides, two cases were
lodged for influencing electorates.
"With this, in five lakh cases of violation of code of
conduct so far 1,940 FIRs have been lodged," Meshram said.
She said that flying squad and surveillance teams today
recovered 16.26 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Help me, I want to live: 11-year-old boy appeals to PM Modi
- Just found! Huge stash of ancient Helium in Africa's rift valley
- Not Ravi Shastri, but this man was Anil Kumble's biggest challenger for coaching job
- Euro 2016: Italy's 2-0 win shows Spain's golden era gone for good
- Rio Olympics 2016: Simona Halep too could pull out of event because of Zika fears