Over 150 FIRs lodged for poll code violation in UP
Lucknow: More than 150 FIRs were today
lodged in different parts of Uttar Pradesh for alleged
violation of model code of conduct in the run up to the
"154 FIRs were lodged in cases of wall writings, posters,
banners, misuse of beacon lights, use of loudspeakers and
influencing electorates," joint chief electoral officer Anita
Meshram told reporters here.
She said that in 212 cases of misuse of blue and red
beacon lights, 124 FIRs were lodged. Besides, two cases were
lodged for influencing electorates.
"With this, in five lakh cases of violation of code of
conduct so far 1,940 FIRs have been lodged," Meshram said.
She said that flying squad and surveillance teams today
recovered 16.26 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read