Over 20 injured in stone-pelting on shuttle train
Ghaziabad: Over 20 passengers of
Delhi-Hapur daily shuttle train were injured when unidentified
persons hurled stones at them near Dasna railway station here,
officials said on Tuesday.
Some persons rushed in and resorted to indiscriminate
stone-pelting at passengers shortly after the train crossed
Ghaziabad railway station, bringing it to a halt near Dasna
last evening, Government Railway Police (GRP) said.
The incident took place after a passenger was
allegedly beaten up in the train before it left Delhi, who
later called on his friends to take revenge, they said.
Passengers had to save themselves from getting hit by
hiding under their seats. The train could resume service after
police took charge of the situation after half-an-hour,
No arrests have been made in this connection so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!