Over 20 injured in stone-pelting on shuttle train
Ghaziabad: Over 20 passengers of
Delhi-Hapur daily shuttle train were injured when unidentified
persons hurled stones at them near Dasna railway station here,
officials said on Tuesday.
Some persons rushed in and resorted to indiscriminate
stone-pelting at passengers shortly after the train crossed
Ghaziabad railway station, bringing it to a halt near Dasna
last evening, Government Railway Police (GRP) said.
The incident took place after a passenger was
allegedly beaten up in the train before it left Delhi, who
later called on his friends to take revenge, they said.
Passengers had to save themselves from getting hit by
hiding under their seats. The train could resume service after
police took charge of the situation after half-an-hour,
No arrests have been made in this connection so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh