Over 20 injured in stone-pelting on shuttle train
Ghaziabad: Over 20 passengers of
Delhi-Hapur daily shuttle train were injured when unidentified
persons hurled stones at them near Dasna railway station here,
officials said on Tuesday.
Some persons rushed in and resorted to indiscriminate
stone-pelting at passengers shortly after the train crossed
Ghaziabad railway station, bringing it to a halt near Dasna
last evening, Government Railway Police (GRP) said.
The incident took place after a passenger was
allegedly beaten up in the train before it left Delhi, who
later called on his friends to take revenge, they said.
Passengers had to save themselves from getting hit by
hiding under their seats. The train could resume service after
police took charge of the situation after half-an-hour,
No arrests have been made in this connection so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena