Over 20 injured in stone-pelting on shuttle train
Ghaziabad: Over 20 passengers of
Delhi-Hapur daily shuttle train were injured when unidentified
persons hurled stones at them near Dasna railway station here,
officials said on Tuesday.
Some persons rushed in and resorted to indiscriminate
stone-pelting at passengers shortly after the train crossed
Ghaziabad railway station, bringing it to a halt near Dasna
last evening, Government Railway Police (GRP) said.
The incident took place after a passenger was
allegedly beaten up in the train before it left Delhi, who
later called on his friends to take revenge, they said.
Passengers had to save themselves from getting hit by
hiding under their seats. The train could resume service after
police took charge of the situation after half-an-hour,
No arrests have been made in this connection so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC
- BSNL launches unlimited 3G plan for Rs 1,099, cuts rate by 50%
- No political appointments in pollution control boards: NGT