Over 20 injured in stone-pelting on shuttle train
Ghaziabad: Over 20 passengers of
Delhi-Hapur daily shuttle train were injured when unidentified
persons hurled stones at them near Dasna railway station here,
officials said on Tuesday.
Some persons rushed in and resorted to indiscriminate
stone-pelting at passengers shortly after the train crossed
Ghaziabad railway station, bringing it to a halt near Dasna
last evening, Government Railway Police (GRP) said.
The incident took place after a passenger was
allegedly beaten up in the train before it left Delhi, who
later called on his friends to take revenge, they said.
Passengers had to save themselves from getting hit by
hiding under their seats. The train could resume service after
police took charge of the situation after half-an-hour,
No arrests have been made in this connection so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II