Over 30 per cent teachers` seats vacant in UP
Lucknow: Over 30 per cent posts of teachers are vacant in universities and colleges in Uttar Pradesh, the State Legislative Assembly was told on Thursday.
While 518 out of 1622 posts of teachers are vacant in state universities, 820 posts are vacant in degree colleges out of total 2219, and state Minister Abhishek Mishra said in reply to a question by BJP member Upendra Tiwari.
Mishra added that the Uttar Pradesh government is trying to fill the vacant posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!