Over 30 per cent teachers` seats vacant in UP
Lucknow: Over 30 per cent posts of teachers are vacant in universities and colleges in Uttar Pradesh, the State Legislative Assembly was told on Thursday.
While 518 out of 1622 posts of teachers are vacant in state universities, 820 posts are vacant in degree colleges out of total 2219, and state Minister Abhishek Mishra said in reply to a question by BJP member Upendra Tiwari.
Mishra added that the Uttar Pradesh government is trying to fill the vacant posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says