Over 36 students injured in school bus accident
Lucknow: At least 36 students were injured, six of them critically, when their school bus skidded off a road and fell into a deep gorge in Uttar Pradesh`s Ambedkar Nagar district, police said Tuesday.
The accident took place Tuesday morning when the bus carrying students of Radiant Central Children`s Academy fell into the gorge in Jalalpur area, about 200 km from here.
"All the injured have been admitted to different government and private hospitals in Ambedkar Nagar and Faizabad districts. Of those injured, the condition of six is stated to be critical," Deputy Superintendent of Police R.K. Sharma told reporters in Ambedkar Nagar.
"Those injured are in the age-group of 10-15 years. At the time of the accident there were around 45 students in the bus," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know