Over 36 students injured in school bus accident
Lucknow: At least 36 students were injured, six of them critically, when their school bus skidded off a road and fell into a deep gorge in Uttar Pradesh`s Ambedkar Nagar district, police said Tuesday.
The accident took place Tuesday morning when the bus carrying students of Radiant Central Children`s Academy fell into the gorge in Jalalpur area, about 200 km from here.
"All the injured have been admitted to different government and private hospitals in Ambedkar Nagar and Faizabad districts. Of those injured, the condition of six is stated to be critical," Deputy Superintendent of Police R.K. Sharma told reporters in Ambedkar Nagar.
"Those injured are in the age-group of 10-15 years. At the time of the accident there were around 45 students in the bus," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt