Over 36 students injured in school bus accident
Lucknow: At least 36 students were injured, six of them critically, when their school bus skidded off a road and fell into a deep gorge in Uttar Pradesh`s Ambedkar Nagar district, police said Tuesday.
The accident took place Tuesday morning when the bus carrying students of Radiant Central Children`s Academy fell into the gorge in Jalalpur area, about 200 km from here.
"All the injured have been admitted to different government and private hospitals in Ambedkar Nagar and Faizabad districts. Of those injured, the condition of six is stated to be critical," Deputy Superintendent of Police R.K. Sharma told reporters in Ambedkar Nagar.
"Those injured are in the age-group of 10-15 years. At the time of the accident there were around 45 students in the bus," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon