Over 36 students injured in school bus accident
Lucknow: At least 36 students were injured, six of them critically, when their school bus skidded off a road and fell into a deep gorge in Uttar Pradesh`s Ambedkar Nagar district, police said Tuesday.
The accident took place Tuesday morning when the bus carrying students of Radiant Central Children`s Academy fell into the gorge in Jalalpur area, about 200 km from here.
"All the injured have been admitted to different government and private hospitals in Ambedkar Nagar and Faizabad districts. Of those injured, the condition of six is stated to be critical," Deputy Superintendent of Police R.K. Sharma told reporters in Ambedkar Nagar.
"Those injured are in the age-group of 10-15 years. At the time of the accident there were around 45 students in the bus," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch
- Amazing! Ahmedabad hotel made out of discarded containers set to woo customers
- This is what befriending grownups on social media can do to you
- Shah Rukh Khan enjoys 20 mn followers on Twitter; posts funny 'thank you' video!
- Tata Motors' JLR fears 1 billion pounds loss from Brexit: Report