Over 36 students injured in school bus accident
Lucknow: At least 36 students were injured, six of them critically, when their school bus skidded off a road and fell into a deep gorge in Uttar Pradesh`s Ambedkar Nagar district, police said Tuesday.
The accident took place Tuesday morning when the bus carrying students of Radiant Central Children`s Academy fell into the gorge in Jalalpur area, about 200 km from here.
"All the injured have been admitted to different government and private hospitals in Ambedkar Nagar and Faizabad districts. Of those injured, the condition of six is stated to be critical," Deputy Superintendent of Police R.K. Sharma told reporters in Ambedkar Nagar.
"Those injured are in the age-group of 10-15 years. At the time of the accident there were around 45 students in the bus," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal