Over Rs one crore swindled from private bank ATMs
Allahabad: A man entrusted with the responsibility of loading cash into ATMs of a private bank allegedly swindled over Rs 1 crore from various such machines in the city, police said on Saturday.
Officials of an Axis Bank`s branch in the area registered a police complaint last night claiming that Rs 1.16 crore had been stolen from nearly half a dozen ATM outlets in various parts of the city and on the outskirts, police said.
The bank officials alleged that a man named Bhupesh Kumar, who used to load cash into the ATMs of the bank, on Wednesday suddenly went missing and switched off his mobile phone.
This raised suspicion among the bank officials, who started checking bank records.
The bank officials found that over the past few weeks, Kumar had been collecting cash from the bank`s Civil Lines branch and showing in records that the same had been loaded into the assigned ATMs, while he swindled away the money, police said.
A search is on to nab Kumar, who has apparently fled the city, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!