Over Rs one crore swindled from private bank ATMs
Allahabad: A man entrusted with the responsibility of loading cash into ATMs of a private bank allegedly swindled over Rs 1 crore from various such machines in the city, police said on Saturday.
Officials of an Axis Bank`s branch in the area registered a police complaint last night claiming that Rs 1.16 crore had been stolen from nearly half a dozen ATM outlets in various parts of the city and on the outskirts, police said.
The bank officials alleged that a man named Bhupesh Kumar, who used to load cash into the ATMs of the bank, on Wednesday suddenly went missing and switched off his mobile phone.
This raised suspicion among the bank officials, who started checking bank records.
The bank officials found that over the past few weeks, Kumar had been collecting cash from the bank`s Civil Lines branch and showing in records that the same had been loaded into the assigned ATMs, while he swindled away the money, police said.
A search is on to nab Kumar, who has apparently fled the city, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster