Over two dozen die of cold in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Over two dozen people died in the
various districts of Uttar Pradesh as an intense cold wave
swept major parts of the state, official sources said here
While five persons died in cold related incidents in
Bhadoi, four each were reported from Ghazipur, Allahabad and
Gorakhpur since yesterday, they said.
Three were reported in Deoria, two in Siddharth Nagar
and one each from Kushinagar, Jaunpur, Azamgarh and Varanasi,
taking the toll to 40, they added.
Shahjahanpur, which recorded a minimum temperature of
degree Celsius this morning, was the coldest place in the
state, followed by Sultanpur at 6.1 degree Celsius, which was
three notches below normal, Met officials said.
In Varanasi, minimum temperature hovered at around 7.3
degree Celsius, two degree below normal, whereas Hamirpur
recorded 6.2 degree Celsius, they said.
Lucknow, which was engulfed in fog, recorded a minimum
temperature of seven degree Celsius.
Heavy fog also disrupted train services at a number of
places, which resulted in several trains running behind the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India