Over two dozen die of cold in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Over two dozen people died in the
various districts of Uttar Pradesh as an intense cold wave
swept major parts of the state, official sources said here
While five persons died in cold related incidents in
Bhadoi, four each were reported from Ghazipur, Allahabad and
Gorakhpur since yesterday, they said.
Three were reported in Deoria, two in Siddharth Nagar
and one each from Kushinagar, Jaunpur, Azamgarh and Varanasi,
taking the toll to 40, they added.
Shahjahanpur, which recorded a minimum temperature of
degree Celsius this morning, was the coldest place in the
state, followed by Sultanpur at 6.1 degree Celsius, which was
three notches below normal, Met officials said.
In Varanasi, minimum temperature hovered at around 7.3
degree Celsius, two degree below normal, whereas Hamirpur
recorded 6.2 degree Celsius, they said.
Lucknow, which was engulfed in fog, recorded a minimum
temperature of seven degree Celsius.
Heavy fog also disrupted train services at a number of
places, which resulted in several trains running behind the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read