Over two dozen die of cold in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Over two dozen people died in the
various districts of Uttar Pradesh as an intense cold wave
swept major parts of the state, official sources said here
While five persons died in cold related incidents in
Bhadoi, four each were reported from Ghazipur, Allahabad and
Gorakhpur since yesterday, they said.
Three were reported in Deoria, two in Siddharth Nagar
and one each from Kushinagar, Jaunpur, Azamgarh and Varanasi,
taking the toll to 40, they added.
Shahjahanpur, which recorded a minimum temperature of
degree Celsius this morning, was the coldest place in the
state, followed by Sultanpur at 6.1 degree Celsius, which was
three notches below normal, Met officials said.
In Varanasi, minimum temperature hovered at around 7.3
degree Celsius, two degree below normal, whereas Hamirpur
recorded 6.2 degree Celsius, they said.
Lucknow, which was engulfed in fog, recorded a minimum
temperature of seven degree Celsius.
Heavy fog also disrupted train services at a number of
places, which resulted in several trains running behind the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?