Overnight rains add to winter chill in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Heavy overnight rains that lashed parts of Uttar Pradesh added to the winter chill on Saturday.
While it has been raining intermittently in the state capital Lucknow since the past few days, the city received unusually high rainfall through the night and most roads were inundated, leading to chaos in the morning.
The regional Met Office has predicted more rainfall and added that the winter chill will only subside after January 26.
There were also reports of lightning at some places in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
"For the next three days, the visibility would be poor and foggy conditions will prevail," regional Met director JP Gupta told a news agency.
He added that icy winds coming from the hills would add to the chill.
Maximum temperature recorded in the state capital Friday was 15.9 degrees Celsius while the minimum was 7.9 degrees Celsius.
In many parts of neighbouring Uttarakhand state have received heavy rainfall since Friday.
Haridwar received heavy rainfall and towns including Dhanolti, Pratapnagar and Mussourie experienced snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur