Pak national dies in Pilibhit
Lucknow: A Pakistani national, arrested on the charge of staying illegally in the country, died on Wednesday in Pilibhit district of Uttar Pradesh.
Mukhtar Ahmad, aged 83 years, was arrested in Pilibhit yesterday for residing in the country without valid documents, UP Special DGP (Law and Order) Brijlal told reporters here.
Ahmad felt uneasy in the prison this morning and was rushed to the district hospital where he died, he said.
The Pakistani national arrived in India on April 11, 2009 and his visa expired in May 2009, the DGP said adding since then, he was staying illegally in Pilibhit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress