Pak national dies in Pilibhit
Lucknow: A Pakistani national, arrested on the charge of staying illegally in the country, died on Wednesday in Pilibhit district of Uttar Pradesh.
Mukhtar Ahmad, aged 83 years, was arrested in Pilibhit yesterday for residing in the country without valid documents, UP Special DGP (Law and Order) Brijlal told reporters here.
Ahmad felt uneasy in the prison this morning and was rushed to the district hospital where he died, he said.
The Pakistani national arrived in India on April 11, 2009 and his visa expired in May 2009, the DGP said adding since then, he was staying illegally in Pilibhit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday