Panchayat in UP asks family to return son`s girlfriend
Muzaffarnagar: A community panchayat has served an ultimatum to the family of a boy, who eloped with a girl from the same village, to return the girl to her parents within a day.
The decision was taken by the panchayat at Satheri village in the district last evening following a complaint by the girl`s father.
Anup Kashyap and Mina Prajapati, both from the same village, had eloped last month since their families were opposed to their relationship as they belonged to different castes.
The whereabouts of the couple are not yet known, police said, adding that the incident has led to tension between the two castes in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion