Panel set up to probe sexual harassment complaints in courts
Allahabad: A committee has been set up to look into complaints of sexual harassment at the workplace in Allahabad High Court, its bench in Lucknow and district courts across the state.
"The committee has been set up by the Chief Justice of the High Court in accordance with the provisions of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013," the High Court`s Registrar (Confidential) D K Singh told a news agency.
He said the panel -- `Internal Complaints Committee` -- will be headed by Justice Bharti Sapru, the senior-most woman judge of the High Court.
"Other members will include Justices Naheed Ara Moonis and Sunita Agarwal - the two other woman judges of the High Court - besides some other distinguished members of the Bench.
A woman professor of the Allahabad University has also been included in the Committee, he said.
"All complaints of sexual harassment at workplace at the Allahabad High Court, the Lucknow Bench of the High Court and district courts across the state will fall under the purview of the Committee.
In cases relating to complaints against advocates, the Committee has been empowered to co-opt one or more member of the Bar at its discretion, Singh, who has been nominated as the coordinator of the Committee, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?