Paper mills shut due to Maha Kumbh
Muzaffarnagar: Eight paper mills in the district have been closed for an indefinite period to prevent pollution in the river Ganga during the ongoing Kumbh Mela in Allahabad, official sources said here on Tuesday.
The district authorities have taken the step to prevent pollution in the Ganga river.
In Kanpur also, the district administration had yesterday asked over 350 tanneries to neither use water at their units nor release their effluents into River Ganga till the pilgrimage is in progress.
The directive is aimed to provide pilgrims at the Kumbh Mela a clean and unpolluted river when they take a holy dip in its waters, an official said.
The Kumbh mela which started yesterday will end on March 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi