Paper mills shut due to Maha Kumbh
Muzaffarnagar: Eight paper mills in the district have been closed for an indefinite period to prevent pollution in the river Ganga during the ongoing Kumbh Mela in Allahabad, official sources said here on Tuesday.
The district authorities have taken the step to prevent pollution in the Ganga river.
In Kanpur also, the district administration had yesterday asked over 350 tanneries to neither use water at their units nor release their effluents into River Ganga till the pilgrimage is in progress.
The directive is aimed to provide pilgrims at the Kumbh Mela a clean and unpolluted river when they take a holy dip in its waters, an official said.
The Kumbh mela which started yesterday will end on March 10.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram