Paper mills shut due to Maha Kumbh
Muzaffarnagar: Eight paper mills in the district have been closed for an indefinite period to prevent pollution in the river Ganga during the ongoing Kumbh Mela in Allahabad, official sources said here on Tuesday.
The district authorities have taken the step to prevent pollution in the Ganga river.
In Kanpur also, the district administration had yesterday asked over 350 tanneries to neither use water at their units nor release their effluents into River Ganga till the pilgrimage is in progress.
The directive is aimed to provide pilgrims at the Kumbh Mela a clean and unpolluted river when they take a holy dip in its waters, an official said.
The Kumbh mela which started yesterday will end on March 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China