Parents protest fee hike in Ghaziabad public schools
Ghaziabad: The parents of over 250 students expelled by various public schools here have started a fierce protest against the arbitrary hike in education fees, claimed reports on Wednesday.
The children of those parents who had not submitted fees as per the new structure, were denied their report cards and expelled from their respective schools.
The parents have reportedly been camping outside the premises of these schools to protest against the unreasonable fees structure since Tuesday night after the management refused to bow down.
There were reports of a minor scuffle between agitated parents and the school staff today over the unjustified fees structure. However, nobody was injured.
In support of their stand, the parents also cite a letter issued by the District Inspector of Schools (DIoS) which says that no student can be sacked on this basis and no school can demand unreasonable fees.
Angry parents are demanding students` re-admission to their respective schools.
Meanwhile, the Ghaziabad District Magistrate has assured parents that no student will be expelled arbitrarily from his school.
On the other hand, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath has announced that the matter will be thoroughly probed and action will be taken against the defaulter schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender