Parents protest fee hike in Ghaziabad public schools
Ghaziabad: The parents of over 250 students expelled by various public schools here have started a fierce protest against the arbitrary hike in education fees, claimed reports on Wednesday.
The children of those parents who had not submitted fees as per the new structure, were denied their report cards and expelled from their respective schools.
The parents have reportedly been camping outside the premises of these schools to protest against the unreasonable fees structure since Tuesday night after the management refused to bow down.
There were reports of a minor scuffle between agitated parents and the school staff today over the unjustified fees structure. However, nobody was injured.
In support of their stand, the parents also cite a letter issued by the District Inspector of Schools (DIoS) which says that no student can be sacked on this basis and no school can demand unreasonable fees.
Angry parents are demanding students` re-admission to their respective schools.
Meanwhile, the Ghaziabad District Magistrate has assured parents that no student will be expelled arbitrarily from his school.
On the other hand, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath has announced that the matter will be thoroughly probed and action will be taken against the defaulter schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!