`Partial male DNA` found on Aarushi`s pillow
Ghaziabad: A forensic expert, deposing in the twin Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, on Tuesday told a court here that a pillow recovered from the teenager`s room bore evidence of a "partial male DNA".
The senior scientist, B P Mahaptra of Central Forensic Science laboratory, told the court that besides the partial male DNA, blood stains were found on the pillow that matched Aarushi`s group.
Female DNA and blood stains found on the wall and door of Aarushi`s room also matched her group, he said.
The CBI today produced 13 exhibits out of 29 parcels in the special trial court here.
Mahaptra told the court that a bed sheet found from Hemraj`s room bore his blood stains, "but DNA was not generated".
Blood samples found on Hemraj`s vest, T-shirt, undergarment and wrist watch were also found positive but DNA profile was not generated, Public Prosecutor R K Saini said.
Hemraj`s blood stains and a partial male DNA were also found on the gate leading to the terrace where his body was found, Saini said.
Meanwhile, defense counsel Manoj Shishodia told PTI that an application was today moved before the trial court seeking the letters of the Superintendent of Police (CBI) written to the forensic department.
The hearings will continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss