`Partial male DNA` found on Aarushi`s pillow
Ghaziabad: A forensic expert, deposing in the twin Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, on Tuesday told a court here that a pillow recovered from the teenager`s room bore evidence of a "partial male DNA".
The senior scientist, B P Mahaptra of Central Forensic Science laboratory, told the court that besides the partial male DNA, blood stains were found on the pillow that matched Aarushi`s group.
Female DNA and blood stains found on the wall and door of Aarushi`s room also matched her group, he said.
The CBI today produced 13 exhibits out of 29 parcels in the special trial court here.
Mahaptra told the court that a bed sheet found from Hemraj`s room bore his blood stains, "but DNA was not generated".
Blood samples found on Hemraj`s vest, T-shirt, undergarment and wrist watch were also found positive but DNA profile was not generated, Public Prosecutor R K Saini said.
Hemraj`s blood stains and a partial male DNA were also found on the gate leading to the terrace where his body was found, Saini said.
Meanwhile, defense counsel Manoj Shishodia told PTI that an application was today moved before the trial court seeking the letters of the Superintendent of Police (CBI) written to the forensic department.
The hearings will continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27